Copper Silver Ionization
Are you looking for a natural and effective way to sanitize your residential or commercial swimming pools, hot tubs, fountains, marine aquariums, or cooling towers? Look no further than Copper Silver Ionization. We are a supplier of Copper Silver Ionization systems in the UAE that uses two of nature's most precious metals to provide you with the most advanced water sanitizing solution available.
The technology we use, Copper-Silver Ionization, has been recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to control Legionella bacteria within potable water distribution networks found in hospitals, hotels, and other extensive facilities. Legionella is a type of bacteria that causes a form of atypical pneumonia.
How does Copper-Silver Ionization disinfect water ??
Copper-Silver Ionization disperses positively charged copper and silver ions into the water system. These ions bond electrostatically with harmful sites on bacterial cell walls, killing the bacteria. Over the long term, copper and silver ions destroy biofilms and slimes within the plumbing system, providing systemic disinfection.
Use of Copper-Silver ionization over the ages:
- Ancient greeks were the first to discover the sanitizing power of copper
- Ancient egyptians kept their water in silver containers to prevent water contamination
- Early travellers / explorers used copper and silver coins to keep their water safe from algae, bacteria and viruses during long voyages
- During the plague-ridden middle ages, mothers were known to place a silver spoon in an infant’s mouth to ward off diseases.
- Dentist have used silver to fill cavities for decades because of its strong antibacterial features.
- NASA scientist used Copper-silver ionization to supply safe drinking water for the crew on long space missions.
- This ancient knowledge is commercialized and used as an alternative to chlorine for pool water disinfection.
Save Money with Chemical-Free Pool Water Treatment
Swimming is a great way to stay fit, but pool water containing chlorine can lead to various health issues in the long run. Chlorine is popular as it sanitizes, oxidizes and deters algae growth in swimming pools. However, it has a strong odor, reddens eyes, causes itchy skin and it is a known carcinogen - meaning it is linked to cancer!
- Safe, effective and non-toxic
- Effective at High and Low Temperatures
- Minimum maintenance of water distribution system
- Copper-silver is non-corrosive.
- Environment friendly and does not produce any disinfection byproducts.
Some Interesting facts about Copper and Silver :
- People need copper in their diets. The metal is an essential trace mineral that's crucial for forming red blood cells, according to the U.S. National Library of Medicine. Fortunately, copper can be found in a variety of foods, including grains, beans, potatoes and leafy greens.
- Copper is a natural antibacterial agent. It is common to use brass door handles in public buildings (brass being a copper alloy) because they help prevent disease transmission.
- Nearly 80 percent of the copper that has been mined to date is still in use. Copper is a 100 percent recyclable metal.
- Nomads used silver and copper coins to improve quality of drinking water. Well water containing copper and silver coins were found to be very bright, due to the biocidal affect of these metals.